Whatever size, form or shape, toilet humor has always brought a smile to people’s faces. So, even if someone does not like the idea of a whole post on Farting Etiquette, what the fart? I’ll still write it.
Mankind I have always harbored an admiration for the powerful forces of nature. Wind energy is the next best thing to fossil fuels, and as long as there’s food on the planet, there will be farts.
Breaking wind is an essential fart of human nature. The fart of the matter is, no one can hold it any longer than 2 hours. This is scientifically proven at the MirrorCracked labs. There are certain etiquettes when it comes to unleashing our wind upon the unsuspecting public, and not many people adhere to it.
There’s a 4-line poem in Sanskrit, which describes the different intensities of smell that are associated with different levels of farting:
Darrr-am Burrrr-am Bhayam Naasthi
(Loud, sonic-boom farts do not stink)
Koiyyam Kotakasya Madhyaman
(There’s a reasonable amount of stink when the fart is squeaky and forced)
(Unbearable attack of stink forces when the fart hisses)
Nishabdham Praana Sankatam
(The unheard fart is a killer)
With this knowledge of the ages in mind, we can keep ourselves aware of what we need to do when we can’t hold it any longer. Here are a few tips on how to behave when we fart:
- If you’re alone, then let it out loudly, smile and say, “Wow, what a fart!”
- If in a meeting with 4 or more people and you very quietly let loose, then slowly start pushing your chair away from the person sitting next to you and give him/her a dirty look. Others will follow suit. This technique is called Farting The Blame.
- If you’re standing in a crowded bus, then make sure that you start pushing your way through the crowd slowly but steadily, moving towards the door, while farting quietly, so that the stink is distributed evenly throughout the length of the bus. (Not applicable outside India)
- If you’re with a girlfriend/boyfriend and you realize that you have to break wind, then play some music and tell your partner that you’ll dance for her/him. Unleash the wind energy quietly while dancing. He/she will never know. It’s easier for smokers – they can just light up to kill the stink.
- If you’re with someone who’s irritating you and you just want them to go away, then do the sonic-boom.
I sincerely hope this small but comprehensive guide helps people in distress. As usual, contact me for a free demo. 😀
Image Courtesy: Photobucket.com