This will be a short one. I just got back this morning from Chennai, after spending 3 days of the long weekend there. These are some of the highlights:
- My belt broke on my way to the bus stand, Thursday night. My pant was a bit too loose and I spent the journey in mortal fear of being arrested for indecent exposure.
- The bus, when I finally boarded it, was a bit too stuffy, because of a lack of an air-conditioner. I sweated my way to a fitful sleep.
- On reaching Chennai, I had 10 cigarettes and no matches to light them with.
- I had 11 meetings throughout the long weekend and still did not get my jobs done.
- I realized that ‘Darjeeling Tea’ in five-star hotels is actually hot, tea-flavored water. And it costs way too much!
- Drank white wine in water glasses and drank water in wine glasses.
- I’m not suited for a humid weather. I can’t survive in coastal cities, because I can single-handedly solve the nation’s water problems by sweating.
- ‘Egg Masala’ in Chennai is actually a boiled egg with salt and red pepper sprinkled on it.
- I can’t speak Tamil to save my life. And, a weird, throaty combination of Hindi and Kannada makes a bad substitute.
- One of the three changes of underwear I had brought along belonged to my terrorist brother. So, I was stuck in Chennai for three days with only two changes of underwear. You don’t want to know what I did.
- Met Archie, Arvind, Vishesh, Apar and Aparna in a small bloggers’ meet. Yeah, I met Vishesh. I’m not kidding. He’s for real.
- On the way back, I got stuck in the very last seat of a ridiculous excuse of a bus, in between two people who gave me a run for my money in the sweating department.
- Every time the bus hit a bump, I was flying high, literally.
- I arrived this morning in Bangalore, sleep deprived, but in one piece.
Phew, not quite a short one, eh?