Dear Mystery Girl,
I don’t know if you remember the first time we interacted. It was, like so many other hapless souls these days, over the internet. You commented on a post of mine and then accused me of deleting it. What started out as a friendly exchange of emails soon turned into a deeply meaningful conversation in which hopes and fears were shared.
We had not seen each other and we were already beginning to feel like we have known each other for a very long time.
Then we met. We fell in love but were unable to express it. You were unsure and I was still a kid. We made promises to keep in touch and drifted apart.
But the universe had other plans for us. We found each other again in professional avatars and we both tried to ignore the white elephant in the room that always loomed over us. Those unkept promises and those unsaid words of love and passion. We worked well together and achieved little, but it was always a pleasure to be around you. I haven’t met anyone else with whom I have shared so much. You know my deepest fears and my darkest moments. You are aware of things and people that depress me and you have helped me through my darkness.
We drifted apart when you mysteriously disappeared from my life. When I found you again, you said, “The people who want you in their lives will find you.” That made me smile.
We’ve laughed, fought, almost cried, smoked, smoked up and gotten drunk together. We’ve read, written and composed for each other. We’ve cursed each other and we’ve praised each other. And even though we’re on different continents and separated by mountains, volcanoes and oceans we’ve sailed through it all.
Mystery Girl, you are a great friend, a fantastic woman and will always be the one that got away. I wonder what would have happened if we’d hooked up and given it a whirl. Oh well, if wishes were horses, I’d have a stable by now.
After a long, long time, a tag has come my way. Kris Bass, my queerest friend, has tagged me in this very interesting Q&A tag about love, and I will try to answer them here and pass on the tag. Two rules, though:
- RULE #1 People who have been tagged must write their answers on their blogs and replace any question that they dislike with a new question formulated by themselves.
- RULE #2 Tag 6 people to do this quiz and they cannot refuse. These people must state who they were tagged by and cannot tag the person whom they were tagged by continue this game by sending it to other people.
- If your lover betrayed you, what will your reaction be?
If I can call someone my ‘lover’, then there has to be enough trust between us to know that we can never betray each other. Else, she’d be just a very close friend. So, unless the question is worded properly, I guess I can’t answer it.
- If you can have a dream to come true, what would it be?
There’s only one woman who dwells in my dreams, and the day she says, “Stop wooing me, Nikhil. Let’s get married!” my dream would’ve come true.
- Whose butt would you like to kick?
Well, I’d make all the politicians of the world bend over and kick them on their butts one-by-one. (What has this got to do with Love, anyway??)
- What would you do with a billion dollars?
Pay off my loans, buy a house by the seaside in Kerala, hire a bunch of actors to act like thugs and ask them to surround my Jodha while she’s walking home, when I appear from nowhere and kick their butts and save her life, hoping that she’ll swoon and fall into my arms. Then, use the remaining money to live happily with her ever after.
- Will you fall in love with your best friend?
Yes. I already have.
- Which is more blessed, loving someone or being loved by someone?
I think it’s the latter, because knowing that someone loves you and cares for you as much as you love them and care for them, is bliss.
- How long do you intend to wait for someone you really love?
Until I’m either dead or married to someone else, which is pretty much the same thing.
- If the person you secretly like is already attached, what would you do?
I tell her I love her. Everyday. I will prove it to her that no one else in the world can love her the way I will. And I do not love her ‘secretly’.
- If you like to act with someone, who will it be? Your gf/bf or an actress/actor?
I’d like to act in an action scene with SRK and kick him in the balls real hard when no one’s looking.
- What takes you down the fastest?
It’s a tie between a fall down the stairs and an empty wallet.
- How would you see yourself in ten years time?
I don’t know. Honest.
- What’s your fear?
I fear she’ll regret her choice.
- What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is?
Awesome rockstar, good friend and, according to him, the craziest guy ever.
- Would you rather be single and rich or married but poor?
If these are my only two choices, I’d say Married and Poor, if and only if I can marry the woman I love. Otherwise, I’d want to single and filthy rich.
- What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Say a small prayer. They haven’t been answered yet.
- Would you give all in a relationship?
I’d give more.
- If you fall in love with two people simultaneously, who would you pick?
- Would you forgive and forget no matter how horrible a thing that special someone has done?
Of course. It is always my fault.
- Will you marry me? (Original Question: Do you prefer being single or having a relationship?)
I’ll let her answer this. 🙂
- List 6 people to tag:
Apar, Deeps, Po, Suda, Vaudevillian, Vimal
Anyone else who want’s to pick up the tag is free to do so. Cheers! 🙂
Image Courtesy: tbch.org